Department of Physiology had its inception in August,1955 with the starting of the B.Sc. Degree
Microbiology Programme, in St Pius X College, Rajapuram, affiliated to University of Calicut
offering Physiology as a complementary subject,. First academic batch was started with 24
students. First batch passed out from the department in 1998 with flying colours. With the
establishment of Kannur University in 1996 our affiliation changed to this university.