- ICT based teaching –learning activities
- The Department is equipped with advanced teaching -learning facilities like computers,Smart Board , and LCD projector.
- Good collection of academic books and journals
Other Activites :
- The Department conducted two day National Seminar on “ The impact of Globalisation on Indian Agriculture with special reference to Cash Crops” in 2003.
- Department also hosted a one day Regional Seminar on (" Importance of Hill high way in the development of Hilly areas of Malabar region")
- A U.G.C sponsored National seminar was conducted on “ The role of Eco-Tourism in National Integration and Employment Generation “ in July 2005.
- In 2010 December Department organized an I.T Seminar(“College level training on General Informatics “) with the help of Kerala Higher Education Council.
- 2010 December Department also conducted an Economic Survey in the adjacent area of the college,Manadukkam to improve the socio-economic development of the nearby community .
- From 2008-09 onwards Department conducts U.G.C sponsored Add on course in Tourism Management
- Staff of the Department are also instrumental in running U.GC sponsored programmes like “Promotion of Ethics and Human values Programme”, Minority Coaching programme for Remedial and Entry in service , Yoga Cub, EHV club,N.S.S , Distance Education Programme etc.