The Department of Computer Science, functioning from very beginning of the college in 1995,
as a complementary course to B.Sc Physics. From 2000 onwards we offer a full time bachelors
programme B.Sc Computer Science. The B.Sc course structure was modified in the year 2009.
According to the newly introduced Choice Based Credit and Semester System (CBCSS), each
semester has a minimum of 18 instructional weeks, comprising of 90 working days. In 2010 B.Sc
Computer Science was brought to aided category by the government. The students are assessed
through continuous internal evaluation and examination conducted by the college at the end of
each semester. There are 40 courses including one open course, two elective course, one main
project. In addition to the computer hardware and software courses, subjects like Basic
Mathematics, Physics, Language and English are also included. Laboratory work is an integral
part of this programme. The B.Sc Computer Science students are trained on Windows and
LINUX platforms and in various high level languages and packages.
Goal of the Department
- Prepare our students for lifelong personal and professional development and that enable
them to exercise leadership and make lasting contributions in their disciplines.
- Continue on new roads of research and discovery in emerging disciplines and in related
- Provide the educational resources to keep pace with developments in the field.
- Magnify our positive impact in serving regional, state, national, and global needs by
building mutually beneficial linkages with industry, institutions, community and
- To initiate the development of e-Services for Social Welfare Activities
Eligibility: Candidates shall be required to have passed the Plus Two/equivalent examination in science stream with Mathematics