The National assessment and Accreditation Council advocated the establishment of Internal Quality assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the accredited institutions as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity.
The primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better inter communication.
|Composition of IQAC
|Chairman||Dr.Thomas Mathew (Principal) |
|Members||Dr.R Satheesh Kumar|
|Sri.Shino P Jose|
|Dr.Anilkumar K K|
|Sri Ajith Kumar|